Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP)
Effluent Treatment Plant or ETP Plant is type of waste water treatment method which is particularly designed to purify industrial waste water for its reuse and release safe water to environment from the harmful effect caused by the effluent.
Industrial effluents contain various materials, depending on the industry. Some effluents contain oils and grease, and some contain toxic materials (e.g., cyanide). Effluents from food and beverage factories contain degradable organic pollutants. Since industrial waste water contains a diversity of impurities and therefore specific treatment technology called ETP (Effluent Treatment Plant)is required.
The ETP Plant works at various levels and involves various physical, chemical, biological and membrane processes to treat waste water from different industrial sectors like chemicals, drugs, pharmaceutical, refineries, dairy, ready mix plants & textile etc.
SE’s Water Systems makes a range of effluent treatment plants, ranging from simple pH correction equipment and chemical dosing systems through to more complicated precipitation, concentration and finally recovery systems.
SE’s Water Systems has extensive experience in the use of Ion exchange in effluent treatment, especially in heavy metal removal and recovery of copper, mercury, lead, nickel, zinc and cadmium.
Also in the glass industry and mirror manufacturers have used SE’s Water Services’ expertise and plant design to recover and to eliminate such metals as copper, palladium and tin from the process rinse waters.
SE’s Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP)has produced plant and has experience in the following effluent-type applications:
- pH correction and chemical dosing systems
- Tank installations for storing and treating of clarified water and for settlement of high solids waters
- Solid separation with plate separators
- Treatment of acid recovery systems for iron and aluminum removal from concentrated liquors
- Re-use and treatment of regenerant streams from Demineralisation Plants
- Metal recovery and removal of metals from effluent streams
- Tertiary effluent treatment
- Filter presses